Library services for children and young people
Children’s Library service
Useful information for parents
- Where items are overdue for 64 days they will be referred to a third party for recovery. A £10 fee to cover the cost of recovery is added to the account at this point. Parents are responsible for any charges, including the recovery fee incurred on a child's account up to the age of 18.
- Children and young people of all ages can borrow books, console games, CDs and DVDs for a small charge as well as use other resources at any of our 17 libraries. Please check your local library for regular children's events.
- There are books for children 0-11 years old including books for babies and toddlers and at every stage of a child's development and learning.
- Learn more about Baby Rhyme Times, Story and Play, Toy Loans, Baby and Books in Enfield Libraries. Follow this information for days and times we hold these activities across the borough.
- Parent and Carers information for children 0-19.
- We run a range of different activities and programmes for children, promoting enjoyment of reading including: reading groups, summer reading schemes, after school and holiday activities, author visits, weekly story and rhyme-and-play sessions for very young children.
- It is free to use all Enfield Libraries and most of our activities operate on a drop-in basis.
- Enfield Libraries produce some useful pamphlets containing information for parents and carers. They cover topics like from nurseries, playgroups, parent- and- toddler groups, tutors and yoga classes in Enfield.
- An online catalogue of all books is available.
- If you need help with your homework, you will find a member of staff can help you at our Homework Centres at the following Enfield Libraries, Edmonton Green, Fore Street, John Jackson and Ponders End. At our Homework Centres you will not only receive help with your homework but also access to free internet and online resources to help you get the best results. Open week days 4.00-6.30pm & Saturdays 10-12 (term time only) please check the links above for days your local Homework Centre is open.
- Enfield Librarians recommend... Booklists are available to print off. All titles are recommended by Enfield Librarians.
- Tabletop games are available for use at Ordnance Road , Ponders End, Enfield Town and Fore Street Libraries. They can be used by anyone from 5-10, school groups or groups of friends.
Pages in Library services for children and young people
- You are here: Children’s Library service
- Young people’s library service
This page was last updated on 21-Aug-2014.