Blue Badge scheme
Information about the Blue Badge SchemeThe Blue Badge scheme provides parking concessions for people with severe walking difficulties so that they can leave their vehicles close to shops or other places they need to visit. A badge will only be issued if the Department of Transport criteria is met. It operates across the European Union and is regulated in the UK by the Department for Transport (DfT), which stipulates the qualifying categories.
The blue badge can be used in any vehicle in which the holder is travelling; the holder does not have to be the driver. For more information about the Blue Badge Scheme go to the Blue Badge DfT website.
You will not be entitled to a blue badge if you:
- have a learning disability or mental health problem (unless you have severe difficulty walking because of a permanent physical disability)
- have a temporary disability, for example..... you are recovering from an operation or broken limb, or are waiting for an operation for hip or knee replacement.
The Concessionary Travel Team do not send out automatic reapplication reminders to current badge holders. It is the badge holders responsibility to reapply for a badge before expiry.
It is also the badge holders responsibility to ensure that the badge is used correctly, to prevent misuse by another person and to keep the badge safe.
Please note a badge holder can be prosecuted and fined (up to £1,000) and/or have the badge withdrawn if they use it incorrectly or allow someone else to misuse it.
Expired and/or deceased badge holder badges must be returned to the London Borough of Enfield for destruction.
Pages in Blue Badge scheme
- You are here: Information about the Blue Badge Scheme
- Blue Badge Reform
- Do I automatically qualify for Blue Badge?
- What if my child is under three years old?
- Who may be eligible subject to further assessment?
- How to apply
- Do I need to own a car?
- Will I need to be assessed by a health professional?
- How long are badges issued for?
- Why can’t badges be issued for life?
- I have been refused a badge. Can I appeal?
- Using your Blue Badge properly
- Reporting the misuse of a blue badge
- I have lost my blue badge what should I do?
- My blue badge has been stolen what should I do?
- I am a disabled veteran, do I qualify for a blue badge?
- Do I have to pay the London Congestion Charge?
- External links
This page was last updated on 12-Feb-2014.