Blue Badge scheme
How to apply
How do I apply for a badge?
Enfield Council is responsible for administering the Scheme and issuing badges in Enfield. You can only apply online.
The Concessionary Travel Team aim to advise the status of an application within two working days. Please note if your application is mobility assessed this may take between 6-8 weeks to process.
If your application is successful, you need to send these to us:
- Two passport-size photographs of yourself, Both should be signed on the back.
- A cheque / postal order for £10 (administration fee) made payable to the London Borough of Enfield. It will take approximately 10 working days from receipt of the photograph and payment to produce a badge in your name. From 1st January 2012, all blue badges are being produced from a central location in England. You will receive the new badge in the post directly from the supplier, Northgate Public Services. Upon receipt of the new badge, your current badge will no longer be valid. You must either : return the badge to Concessionary Travel for destruction or destroy yourself immediately. Please be aware, the use of an expired blue badge will result is an offence of the Road Traffic Act 1984 Section 117 which carries a penalty of up to £1000
- Do not send any money or photographs until requested to do so.
Visit us at :
Enfield Council, Civic Centre ,Silver Street ,Enfield ,EN1 3XY
Opening hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 4.30pm ( Closed PublicHolidays)
Call us: 020 8379 1000 : Monday - Friday, 8am - 6pm
We have set targets to meet for the services we provide and we consistenly meet these targets
Pages in Blue Badge scheme
- Information about the Blue Badge Scheme
- Blue Badge Reform
- Do I automatically qualify for Blue Badge?
- What if my child is under three years old?
- Who may be eligible subject to further assessment?
- You are here: How to apply
- Do I need to own a car?
- Will I need to be assessed by a health professional?
- How long are badges issued for?
- Why can’t badges be issued for life?
- I have been refused a badge. Can I appeal?
- Using your Blue Badge properly
- Reporting the misuse of a blue badge
- I have lost my blue badge what should I do?
- My blue badge has been stolen what should I do?
- I am a disabled veteran, do I qualify for a blue badge?
- Do I have to pay the London Congestion Charge?
- External links
This page was last updated on 12-Feb-2014.