Enfield Council’s Mini-Holland Bid
In December 2013 Enfield Council submitted a bid to the Greater London Authority for a share of £100million from the 'Mini-Holland' fund. This initiative is aimed at transforming cycling in 4 outer London boroughs.
The main proposals in the bid included:
- Creating a pedestrian friendly environment on Church Street by removing through traffic and installing separate bus and cycle lanes.
- Converting the Edmonton Green Roundabout into a Dutch Style Roundabout with separate lanes for cycles.
- Introducing lightly segregated cycle lanes along the A1010, A105 and A110.
- Developing a network of Quietway and Greenway routes across the whole Borough.
- Developing Cycle Hubs at Enfield Town and Edmonton Green Train Stations.
- Providing support for residents who want to take up cycling with free bike loans and residential cycle parking.
- Involving the local community in the design of all schemes, particularly those in residential streets.
This page was last updated on 11-Feb-2014.