New National Curriculum
Proposals to reform the national curriculum, so that it is slimmer and focused on essential subject knowledge, were subject to public consultation which closed on 8 August 2013. The Government also confirmed (previously) that the majority of the current national curriculum would be disapplied from September 2013, in order to give schools more scope to prepare for the introduction of the new national curriculum from September 2014.
The teaching of all national curriculum subjects are to remain compulsory, but schools are able to choose to either follow the existing programmes of study or adjust them to support transition to the New National Curriculum. The regulations, which bring this change into effect have been laid before Parliament, came into force on 1 September 2013.
• This session will brief governors on the New National Curriculum.
• To understand the requirements of the revised national curriculum.
Governors will be aware of and have some understanding of changes, which will enable them to better meet their statutory responsibilities to ensure delivery of a broad and balance curriculum.
Pages in Course Information
- Induction for Governors Part 1 Autumn Term
- Induction for Governors Part 2 Autumn Term
- Induction for Governors Part 1 Summer Term
- Induction for Governors Part 2 Summer Term
- Governor Induction Refresher Autumn Term
- Vulnerable Children - Safeguarding Children and Child Protection
- Vulnerable Children - Looked After Children
- Vulnerable Children - Improving Pupil Attendance
- Vulnerable Children - Managing Behaviour
- Managing Exclusion Hearings
- Promoting Equality
- Health and Safety in Schools
- Special Educational Needs
- Able Pupils, Enrichment and Progression
- Sport in Enfield Schools
- New - Understanding the process of the Moderation of the EYFS Profile
- Enfield Chairs (and Aspiring Chairs) Leadership Development Programme
- Enfield Good Governance and Governance Quality Mark
- Introduction to Chairing
- You are here: New National Curriculum
- FFT Data Dashboard
- Understanding Data
- Headteacher Performance Management
- Schools Finance: Funding, Budget Monitoring and Financial Policy
- Schools Finance: Schools Financial Value Standard
- Staffing in Schools – Recruitment, Retention and Succession Planning
- Chair and Vice Chair Network Autumn Term
- Link Governor Network Autumn Term
- Parent Governor Network Spring Term
- LEA/LA Governor Network Autumn Term
- Annual Governor Conference
- Governor Induction Refresher Spring Term
- Chair and Vice Chair Network Spring Term
- Link Governor Network Spring Term
- Link Governor Network Summer Term
- Parent Governor Network Summer Term
- LEA/LA Governor Network Summer Term
- Chair and Vice Chair Network Summer Term
This page was last updated on 30-Aug-2013.